COVID-19 Safety Protocol for In-Clinic Care
We are so thrilled to welcome you back into the clinic for treatment to help alleviate your aches, pain and discomfort.
We are following all recommended protocols ( CPTBC, PHO, BCCDC and WorkSafeBC) to ensure everyone’s safety during in-person treatment.
We kindly request that you DO NOT BOOK an appointment if…
- You have any signs, symptoms or risks factors for COVID-19 including: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- You have recently traveled internationally.
- You have unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19.
If you meet any of the above, we ask you to please wait 14 days before booking an appointment.
- Please complete this brief 5 question yes/no screening tool the day of your appointment: https://bc.thrive.health/covid19
Before entering the office you will be asked if you have taken the self assessment per government regulations.
We are also required to ask if you have been in contact with anyone with signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please ensure you use the washroom prior to your appointment as you will not be allowed to leave the office during your appointment time.
- Please arrive for your appointment ALONE. Only minors or people with a disability requiring assistance will be allowed one companion (all companions will have to do the same pre-screen assessment before the treatment).
- Please call the office after you have parked to let to let us know you have arrived. If you do not have a cell phone please knock on the door and let us know you are here.
- We ask that you either remain in your car or outside until your therapist is ready to escort you directly to a clean treatment room. We will notify you on your cell phone or come to the door to let you know.
- We will provide hand sanitizer which you will be asked to use for 20 seconds prior to entering. You will be taken to a private treatment room immediately following. Click here for hand sanitizing guidelines.
- Per regulations, you will need to wear a mask during your appointment. Please bring one from home or we will provide one for you. Click here for how to wear a face mask.
- We have signs posted indicating how to please follow physical distancing protocols and we ask that everyone respect these guidelines.
- All of our staff will be wearing masks and maintaining frequent hand sanitization as instructed by the public health officer.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning will be done to all treatment and non treatment areas with hospital grade disinfectant.
- We have also adjusted our schedules so that we are only treating one patient at a time to limit any cross contamination.
- For those that prefer we will still be offering eHealth treatment appointments.
- To receive up to date instructions on assessment for COVID-19 please visit BCCDC website http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
We are so thrilled to re-connect with you and support you in feeling well again.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at any time.